Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Workstarion with Office attached to a W2K AD Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveM

MIS
Sep 14, 2001
BE
Hi All,

I have an office with about 50 W2K workstations attached to a AD W2K Server. All W/S have Office 2000 installed and work perfect.

I also have 2 test W/S running XP Pro and office 2000.(All have latest Service Pack)

This is where I get a problem. When I try to open a document (Excel, Word etc) I sometimes get the errors, File can't be found, file is read only etc. If I cancel this error message and then try to open the document again it 9/10 times works.

I have looked on the MS Knowledge base and this is a know problem, they offer a workaround untill the latest Service Pack is released. They say that you should change the option in Windows Explorer..Tools, Folder Options, General, and change the setting to "Use Windows Classic Folders"

I have tried this on both XP W/S and this doesn't fix the problem.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back