Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP user Manager???

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuser

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
Is ther going to be an easy user manager type interface in XP? Will it use Active Directory? I would like to know. I have an oportunity to get an Release Canditate and I want to know what I will be getting into.

compuser,

The User Manager in XP is pretty nice, and easy to use.

Basically it comes up in a window I can only describe as being similar to a Windows 98 help window. Except more graphical, and a lot more helpful. E-mail me off post and I will send you a screen shot for a better idea.

The easiest way to manage Users in XP is in the User Accounts Control Panel entry. From there you get the above described interface. When you choose a User to work with, or choose to create a new User Account, you are taken through a very nicely done Wizard to help you manage that account and set the User type and restrictions.

Of course, if you are a member of the Administrator group, you can also go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools to manage system and user settings in an interface that is reminiscent of Win NT 4.0 or (more likely) Win2k.

All in all (if you ignore the annoying activation junk) I would have to give Win XP Professional RC1 and 2 a big thumbs up so far. It is very "pretty" for users that like that stuff. And it is extremely powerful and stable.

Any ways, hope you find the small review helpful. :)

-ThokkQuarrion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back