Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Trash Bin Icon is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footnotes

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
US
I cannot find the Trash Bin icon on my desktop and therefore cannot empty it. It must be huge, but what I know was once there is now gone. Can anyone point tell me how to get it back? My apologies, but we are talking about XP Home Edition. Thanks...Footnotes

I found it. Thank you for your quick replies. Apparently, it got "Nortonized". It got renamed Norton's Protected Recycle Bin and apparently removed from the desktop. I found it with Windows Explorer and it really needed emptying. Thanks everyone.....Footnotes

If you are using Norton: after you empty the trash bin, the files are still there in the "protected files" sub. Right click on the icon and click on "empty Norton protected files". It will show the number of files being deleted - scarry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back