Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Stand By?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralChin

Technical User
Apr 11, 2003
US
Hey,
I am running Win XP Home, I am using a LinkSys Cable/DSL Router(Model No BEFSR41), To use my cable connection on 3 different computers and my Xbox.
Ok my question is on the WinXP Home computer, I make it go on System stand by after 20mins idle. When I come back to use the computer it goes back to windows fine but my internet Progs I had open, Such as AIM or ICQ, Have lost there connection to the internet. But They connect fine if I reonnect them. Is there anyway to keep my internet working with my Comp ON Stand BY!??
Sorry kinda confusing, Hope You Guys and Gals Understand, Any Help Will be Great!
George

Well, I hate stand by. I have had lots of problems over the years.
Instead of going into standby, just have the monitor and hard disk power down after a certain time. I set the hard drive to go after twice as long as the monitor.
My settings are Monitor 30 minutes, Hard drive one hour.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back