Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP shows the information about the folders, i don't want that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclepink

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
hi,
yeah guys XP is good and everything but sometimes irritating, shouldn't say that in the XP forum...nevermind. my problem is that when i point my mouse at some desktop icon then it gives me that information box about the stuff etc.. can i get rid of that..its irritating at times takes a lot of space...moreover if i make a folder i know whats there in that, don't shove it down my throat everytime..get it bill!! i know its simple but couldn't find it myself..
secondly some virtual memory problems.. i have 384 megs..and virtual mem max is 376 right now.. can i have problems when i mess with these things.. or is it okay..
XP hasn't crashed on me a single time so far.. thats something really sweet..
please reply
pink

hey sorry guys, got it in the folder options of control panel.. so forget it.. but the issue with "memory remains".

You can usually change your virtual memory setting without any problems, as long as you dont make too LITTLE memory. (You'll get errors that windows doesnt have enough virtual memory and it'll terminate your apps...)
However, if you have your virtual memory set at an extremely LARGE size, (mine is at 4 gigs each on 3 partitions for my special needs...) then you may be causing a lot of wear and tear on you hard drive. (Lots of erasing and rewriting, over and over.)

Does anyone else have something else to add?
Hope this helps. If not, tell me!

hey guys,
thank you for the suggestions. i am working on it.
pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back