Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP says CF running, but I get HTTP 500 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

RikForgo

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
US
I'm running CF5 on an XP box with IIS 5.1. After installing CF5 server the initial after-installation page loads fine. But the validate link brings up a HTTP 500 Internal server error page in the browsers with the message: "Page cannot be displayed."

I thought maybe the CF server wasn't running, so I rebooted and then went to XP's Administrative Tools/Services and all the CF services are showing "Started." But I still get nothing. I get the same error/browser page when I try to launch the CF Administrator.

What am I missing?

Double check in IIS and make sure the CFIDE and CFDOCS virtual directories for CF have been created under the "Default Web Site".

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Yes, they are there, but the problem remains. I did find something interesting in IIS though. When I go to the ISAPI filters the executables for the JRun.dll are pointing to a previously installed version of CFMX, which was uninstalled several months ago. We're running CF5, and I suspect this might be the problem.

Where would I go from here (assuming that is the problem)?

Yeah, I've seen issues like this when trying to go back to CF 5 from MX. It's almost like, "once you install MX, there's no turning back!" One time, I actually had to completely format and reinstall Windows on a Dev. Server to get rid of MX and back to 5. Pretty drastic, I know, but I didn't have the time to hunt for something no one seems to know anything about. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any documentation from Macromedia on this, and any posts in their support forums about it have gone unanswered.

Sorry, wish I could have be of more help to you.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

I feel a heavy sigh coming on. I tried changing the path in IIS, but it didn't do the trick. I guess I will shove a stick of dynamite into the HD and start over. Luckily there wasn't that much on the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back