Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP professional certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexbur

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I was wondering what opinions were out there on Windows XP professional certification. Does anyone feel that it is worth getting? I have a few other non-Microsoft certifications and would like to start adding some Microsoft certs.
Is XP professional certification a good place to start for my MCP? and if not, what is?
Also has anyone taken the test? And if so, how was it?
Thanks to all who reply
Rex

I would stick with the 2000's.

Why? well unless you have a company that you know made the change to XP (i don't think there are many) the XP stuff is in vain (IMHO) so Stick with the 2k thats what most companies are doing. (from what I hear and see)

Matt

PS.

the name rexbur does that stand for something?
I ask because I live in a town called Rexburg.

Thanks Matt for the info. As for "rexbur" Rex is my first name an "bur" is the first three letters of my last name.
Once again....thanks

I agree with mattux, NT 4 is also still a valid option.
Home users are likely to upgrade a lot faster then industrial organizations, especially with some companies (Micro$oft) forcing you to buy new hardware (computer) with every bugfix or OS release. S. van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back