Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp pro sp2 wants to be activated again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybridspyda

Technical User
May 23, 2005
GB
i was having some trouble with my dvdrw drive: (it would not play dvd's properly) so i contacted the manufactures of the drive and of the software i got with it and they both told me to install new firmware for my drive... i successfully did this, and restarted.
after doing so i got a messege saying that windows must be activated again due to major changes in my system, but when i tried to it said my code was used too many times and i had to change my code, does this mean i will have to buy another code? or is there a way around this?

two wrongs don't make a right,
but three lefts do!
Hybridspyda

I have run into this a couple of times with my computer buisness, I know this sounds like a hassle but the best way to deal with this is to just call the support number it gives you after you try to activate it and do it manualy with the Windows guys explanw the dvd problem and they will walk you thru the activation process.

When you Activate Windows, if you are having problems for any reason it is a painless operation to use the Activation Screen option to do it over the phone with a Microsoft representative. Just Click on Activate by phone. They will easily sort out your problems for you and get you activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back