Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP pro on PowerEdge 2650 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

736xl

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2005
US
Is it possible to install XP Pro on a poweredge 2650?

Thanks

Yes...

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Thanks for your reply. Any chance you could give me some pointers? If i use the openmanager, xp is not an option,and If I use XP to boot, doesn't recognize the drives. I know I can press F6 to load aditional scsi drivers. Is this where I load the Perc drivers to make the drives available? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, that's where you load the PERC drivers. IIRC, xp will have drivers for the NICs.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Sorry for my stupidity but what's IIRC?
You are my hero :)

Thanks

I've looked everywhere for these drivers. Where can I get them? Thanks

If I Recall Correctly. When I did this (and it's been several years) I think I used the Perc drivers for w2k.

Just lookup the 2650 drivers on Dell's site.

736xl...
Likely you have a Perc adapter, which model do you have ? If not sure, post your server's service tag.

If Dell does not specifically have an XP driver listed for the 2650, perhaps it is list for another server. The base for the driver is written by LsiLogic, many drivers are released which service multiple cards

Lsilogic, the OEM manufacturer, general has listed xp drivers or newer drivers then Dell.. but we need to know the Perc model to match it to a Lsi model.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

It is the perc 3Di. I'll give the win2k drivers a try. Greatly appreciate for everyone's help.

Not an Lsilogic based adapters, one of the few Perc Adaptec oem controllers. True to form for Adaptec, not keeping up with driver releases, the reason I stopped using adaptec raids years ago.

Newest driver I could find, towards bottom of page...

might try the win 2003 driver
Driver for win2k3: ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/scsi-raid/RAID-DRVR-R74084.exe

Reference to Lawnboy's suggestion

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Got this thing running. Awsome. I have a few more questions now. any chance I could find a sound card for the unit? Doesn't look like it is standard PCI buss.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back