Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Pro does not recognize my Intel network hardware 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpi

Technical User
Jan 18, 2001
US
I upgraded my Intel Mobo machine to XP Pro, full format, and now the OS does not know that there is a NIC built onto the Mobo. I have a drivers disk from the manufacturer but it has a zillion files and folders on it just for the network adapter. I don't know if installing a driver is going to be the thing to do and I don't know where to start. The manuf. is pretty much out of business, VPR Matrix brand by Best Buy.

Get a Dell!! They will be in business when you need them!!

Max

Do you have a model number for either the machine or the network card? Using those we should be able to find the drivers for you.

If not try using a free utility such as SiSoft's SANDRA or Belarc advisor to identify the hardware for you.

Greg Palmer
Freeware Utilities for Windows Administrators.

I am an idiot, all I had to do was to use the disk labeled "Drivers" (go figure) that came with the machine and follow the XP wizard for setting up hardware.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back