Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Pro creates duplicate user with .000 extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

texreserve

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
US
One of the computer here at school had a duplicate user created on it with an extension of .000. Same user name, teacher, but with the extension of .000. Could someone explain what caused this, and how the heck do I get rid of the teacher.000 user profile.

Thanks in advance.

Multiple Profiles on XP
thread779-887739

What causes an Administrator.000 login to appear on it's own?
thread779-742316

To download and install UPHClean, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Copy profile locally problems.

818134 - The %HOMEDRIVE% Environment Variable Does Not Point to the Partition That Hosts the User Profiles

Differences in the User Profiles in Windows

At our location, Administrator is the local account. Administrator.000 is the domain created account. i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\John Doe[\i] is a local account created before the PC was added to the domain. After the PC is added to the domain and John Doe logs in with his domain username his info would be stored in C:\Documents and Settings\John Doe.000

=================
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back