Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xp Pro and Remote WIn98, ICS success

Status
Not open for further replies.

burr

Programmer
Jul 17, 2000
US
Hi Guys
I just spent 4 days trying to get my desktop with XP Pro and my laptop with Win98, connected with a Linksys wireless 802.11b network. Usb on the Desktop and PCMCIA card in the laptop.The network worked out of the box, but the Internet Connection Service would not dial modem in the server(Desktop). I could never get the Internet Gateway Service utility to show on the laptop. This utility has the button to start the dialer.

You must have MS Internet Explorer ver 5.01 or later installed on the laptop to get this utility to run. I don't know if it is a part of the Explorer, or just uses parts of the program. Anyway this was not documented anywhere that I could find. Mybe some one else is having the same problem. Using Netscape browser. Who would have thought.

Burr Stephens
Anderson IN
Burr Stephens
burr-stephens@worldnet.att.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back