Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

charel

Technical User
Sep 11, 2001
AU
Since upgrading from Win95 to WinXP i have been unable to print to any local printers. Is there an issue with local printer ports? Any suggestions??

Did you find the appropiate XP printer drivers for the said printers? Al Odlum
vicomm2@netscape.net

For Networking..............see me

I use the XP drivers - 2 models im having problems with are the HP DeskJet 695c - i am able to print a test page from the printer but not the computer, have tried various drivers, reinstalling, and the HP DeskJet 895c - this one has intermittent printing problems, as in it may print a windows test page, but it won't again until its reinstalled.. I have noticed on the HP website a driver for the parallel port but only refers to this when talking about CD burners, so not sure if relevent to printers.

See if this link works a little better for you.

I have a Deskjet 940c, and XP found it without any prob.
Using it on the other hand was nothing but problems. I had to download the XP drivers from HP. I know several people who have had difficulty with XP and HP printers, and it's always the same. Grab 'em from HP.

Good luck

This is kinda of off topic but I dont get a response when I just post a new string. I have an HP LaserJet 4MV that only speaks appletalk... (pauses for laughter). I've got it on a network with two Athlon based XP systems. So far, the only way I can talk to it is through PC MacLan which is a beauty of a product btw. It prints fine but insists on printing an error page after every print thats just one or two lines and calls it and unknown error. To get around this I am having to hand feed everything and reset the printer instead of feeding the last sheet for the error. I print on vellum used for making T-shirts and cannot waist a single sheet. The mystery is that Windows has included some sort of appletalk protocal since Win2k. So far it has never worked. All I know how to do is add the protocal in my network properties. Is there another setting I have to edit in order for it to recognize Macs and Printers? I suspect if I figure this out I wont have to use MacLan and get up every time I print something. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back