Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Printer probs - spooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediamage

Instructor
Oct 17, 2003
CA
I have an HP4L printer using XP. The printer works fine from my laptop which is also running XP. I had to re-install XP on my computer however and have since had problems with my printer or any printer connected to it (ie: acrobat PDFwriter) so must be an XP problem. All XP updates that are current have been installed. I am also using the XP 4L printer driver. Here is my problem:

After installing a new printer (HP 4L) device, it goes to run a test page and sends to the printer. The printer also received 10 print jobs at the same time for a "no document name" print job which is sized at 4bytes. Currently I have paused the printer since it keeps spooling more and more of these "no document name" print jobs for no apparent reason. I have uninstalled Norton Antivirus incase this was the problem and installed Mcafee with all updates. Computer has also had a full system scan for viruses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to fix this printer device problem.

Thanks,
Tawnya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back