Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Print Spooler Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

zalaska

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2007
US
Hello all. We seem to be having a problem with the Print Spooler Service on our Xp machines. What is happening is the Print Spooler Service will not stay started, it keeps stopping. We are unable to add printers and print because of this. Has anyone know what may be causing this or how to troubleshoot it??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Damion

If anyone has the correct info on how to fix this, I will purchase you a gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse. Thanks...

Damion

As mentioned by Pat, this isn't the forum for Server 2003, but for Exchange Server 2003.

Anyway, are there any relevant errors in the Event Logs? In the properties for the Print Spool service, which account is specified in the 'Log On As' field (or column)? It should be 'Local System'.

JJ
[small][purple]Variables won't. Constants aren't[/purple]
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, and so on)[/small]

I checked the settings. They look good. I get error ID 7034 (print spooler stopped unexpectadly). I am at a loss.

Damion

Here are some helpful links about spooler problems on Servers with shared resources. Just ignore that these docs are written for TerminalServer/Citrix, since the principles are very similar. Review the best practices here and you may pick up some leads on your printing problem:

save your gift certificate for the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back