Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp/oulook problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2002
US
BIG PROBLEM (2):
I used to have OS MS 2000 & office 2000 – for no reason at all I changed all to Windows XP. My Husband uses Outlook Express and I prefer Outlook. So here is my problem:
In Express we have excess to the address book but not from Outlook. When I was going to enter one it gave me the following flag: A NEW ENTRY COULD NOT BE ADDED. PLEASE USE THE CONTACTS MODULE TO CREATE HIS ENTRY. ????
Another problem by forwarding emails, accurse: YOUR MESSAGE DID NOT REACH THE RECIPIENTS – THIS SYSTEM IS NOT CONFIGURED TO RELAY FROM – MY ADDRESS TO THE ONE TO SENT TO- We are using AT&T cable.
I do realize this is a handful, I true appreciate all the help needed, Regards Marianne

First problem: Contacts.
I don't think Outlook and Outlook Express can "share" one address book. I do stand corrected on this point, but must say that I have not witnessed anything quite like this. The only option I can think of (if you use the same contacts) is to Export the addresses from Outlook Express (to a *.csv file where * is your name for the file) and then import to Outlook. (There is also an "automatic" import/export option for mail and address from directly within Outlook)

For problem 2: Connectivity
Did you copy all the details from before you moved over to the new system. The details you will need to complete will be username (yours in Outlook and your husbands in Outlook Express) and password. You also need the POP/SMTP information from your account provider. An example: if your ISP account was previously with Hotmail (and you used this for internet access and mail) and is now with Yahoo, for internet access you need your Yahoo information, but for your mail (assuming you want to keep the same e-mail addresses) you need to get the POP/SMTP information for Hotmail. This information will need to be filled in in both OE and Outlook for the two accounts.
Outlook = Tools/Accounts
OE = Tools/Accounts/Mail

Hope this makes sense...and helps :)

My problem is that I cannot access my Yahoo email after installing XP and changing to AT&T Broadband. We can access the email from other remote computers, so we know the password is right and the email is available.

The Yahoo home page comes up just fine. When you try to access the mail I have tried clicking on every icon. Each time it seems to be looking for the mail for over a min. and then displays a page that says the page cannot be found. When I click on any of the suggested fixes it just sits there! My hotmail works just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back