Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP multilanguage

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickFR

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2003
FR
Is it possible to use windows XP in two different languages without a multiboot, I mean can I select the language a want for a user without having a multiboot. I want to have a french and a dutch windows XP together. Is it possible or do I have to separate it by a multiboot system?

It may be possible using a language pack to run French and Dutch together but you may need English XP to set it all up.
Contacting Microsoft in Holland and France might allow you to bypass an English version.

Anyway, here are the links.

Windows XP & Windows 2000 MUI

Not supported on Home.

Further information.

More detailed installation guides available in our Windows XP/2000 Setup and Configuration section

307419 - Services Are Delayed or Do Not Start with the Windows XP Multilingual User Interface Pack

319598 - You Cannot Install the Windows XP Multilingual User Interface Pack from a Long Path

Yes, this is very easy. Install the langauge pack of you choice then:

Start - Control Panel - Regional Settings - Langauges then you can select the langauge that you want WINDOWS 9and only WINDOWS) to appear in then you will need to log off and then back in.

This will not sort out other apps.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back