Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Memory Probs with Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

doile

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
I have always had memory problems with Access, but just added a machine with XP and the problems are worse. Prior machine ran Win98 with 380 mg mem. New one with XP has 512. Was told that XP would eliminate the probs. Anyone else have any experience or know of any fixes (other than dumping the controls and queries)?

XP is a memory hog compared to 98 and with only a 35% increase in RAM in the migration, I would suspect you would see more problems, not less. XP is by nature, far more stable, but non memory-prudent.

You must have an enormous control base to have memory problems with 98 and 384MB of RAM (unless you have a bunch of other things running too). Either way, don't rule out other factors in this, including uncompiled code, excessive macros vs. code, graphic or otherwise heavy memory intensive features in your forms.

Yep, you just described my forms and the programs running in the background. Appreciate the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back