Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp local security polices

Status
Not open for further replies.

cismaxz

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
I asked about this in the XP forum but since I think it might be a Novell issue this might be a better forum.

I am trying to set up one of our new XP Pro workstations. The problem is that whenever I set a user local security policy, log off and then log back in the settings are no longer there. If I make the changes, log off and just log into the workstation locally they are there. Is this just an issue with group policies and not running Active Directory? or does it maybe have something to do with our User policy in ZEN? Everything works fine on Windows 2000 machines. I usually log in as myself set up the machine, create the local security polices then log off and copy my user profile to the default user profile so that anyone that logs into the machine gets my settings. We have been doing that since NT and it works fine.

What version Netware Client are you using?

David Ball CNE, MCSE

I had the same issues with SP2.... try uninstalling and then reinstall cleint with SP1 only.

David Ball, CNE, MCSE

I haven't tested with 4.9 yet but assume that if its there in 4.83 SP2, its probably in 4.9 as well. I don't think this is a bug but by design for Zenworks policies.

David Ball CNE, MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back