Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Home 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnt

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
US
Hello-
I'm running XP Home OS, and I understand that IIS and PWS are not available. Does anybody know of a freeware/shareware web server that I can download that will support ASP?
Thanks!

Thanks for the help!
I'll try them out.

Sorry to keep posting... but you can get a GUI for Apache named Comanche
That will make apache easier to manage for somebody that's not familiar with it. All the command line references are included, though. Then you'll just need to install ASP, ASP3, ASP+, etc. on your PC

Good Luck!!!

Cool-
Thanks for all the help!
Forgive the elementary nature of my question, but I'm a novice to ASP and am setting it up in order to learn it. How do I go about installing ASP, ASP3, etc. on my PC? From my limited understanding of it so far, it's not a software I can buy and install, correct? Is it not included when I download the apache web server?
Thanks-

it's cool. If you don't ask questions, you won't have answers. I was novice until about 1 year ago (-:

ASP is an appliation that enables the to process the script.

it may be included in Apache, but you'll want the most up-to-date software to be able to take advantage of the newest advances in the technology.

Alright - I'll try give it a try at home.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back