Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Home question

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2000
US
I'm not up on XP security, so please excuse this question, but I've installed a program on XP under one user and the other user logins are not able to run it. I think I can change the user account types to admin and that should fix it, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?

Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Run the installation program udner every user (in the same directory as you did). You sometimes have to do this with Office XP

If you go into Safe Mode in Home you will have access to the Security tab and may find that if you increase permissions for the second user's access to the program's folder it will help.

294676 - HOW TO: Enable and Use the "Run As" Command When Running Programs in Windows

"To start a program as an administrator" in the Help and Support program.

I agree to linney. But first try giving all the users admin rights (from users in control panel). by getting admin rights, they will by default have permissions for all the installed programs and applications.

Thanks for the responses. I'll give the recommendations a try.

Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back