Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP domain access

Status
Not open for further replies.

comblade

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2001
US
Here is my problem.

I have a 2000 domain with service pack 2 also exchange server 2000 with service pack. There are 20+ workstations, mostly 2000 pro and 98 they are all fine. There are 3 XP workstations that were all running fine. We were using inoculate 6.0.

After upgrading to etrust 7.0 one of the xp machines went crazy. Off the network working locallyit ran fine. When you log into the domain and try to access a netork resource it will hang for 10 minutes, then give access to said resource(it is explorer.exe that is hanging. Machine would be ok as long as you didnt disconnect fron network resource. Walk away or let it sit for a time(5-10 minutes) then try again same problem hang for 10 minutes. I reformated 2-3 times. no help. I finally put 2000 pro on it and problem solved.

Another xp workstation. Was working fine. Had other issues needed to reformat it with recovery cd's. As soon as tried to put it on domain would not access anything. would log in and authenicate but when tried to access mapped drive from logon script system locked up. Removed domain logon and made part of work group. able tomap and access a network drive.
Brought machine back to my shop and had it log into my 2000 domain (only known difference is i have exchange 5.5) worked perfect. took to client and locked up. HAve it as a workgroup member and it works although still locks up occanisionally.

third and last xp workstation. Never noticed problem because rarely used but now that it is being used displaying same thing as first example.

I am pretty sure there is a setting in the 2000 server that needs to be tweaked but not sure where to go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back