Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP BRIEFCASE READ-ONLY PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky20

Technical User
Jun 1, 2003
CN
Hi. I just got a notebook and have connected it to my desktop and am trying to setup Briefcase on XP to sync my files. My first little test and already a problem. I created a briefcase on the notebook and copied a test document into it. I edited the doc, closed it and then tried to update the briefcase but it always tells me it can't because it's read-only. I have checked the file, the folder its, in everything and none of them are read-only checked! Any ideas?

Some things to look at, I'm not sure if they will help though, maybe you are having problems with the file sharing.

If you selected Allow network users to change my files, you can view, copy, move, change and delete files in this folder from the guest computer. You can add new files and can also access subfolders and files.

814984 - How to Configure a Direct Cable Connection with Windows XP Home Edition (PART 4)

824424 - "Read-Only" Error Message When You Try to Save an Office 2003 File to a Novell Netware Network Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back