Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Auto Reboot After Modem Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred69

Technical User
Jan 25, 2003
CA
My pc reboot by itself, just after I connect to Internet via modem 56k, just after my ISP confirm the password and give me access to Internet(its instantly after the pass confirmation process). My pc don't reboot offline at any time. This thing happened the first time when (I suppose to) I deleted a file with my AntiVirus: a file named Wsem114.dll, a DyFuCa virus infected file. But this is not a Windows's file, isn't? It's the virus itself, and this virus was already removed, it was only one of his files that was still there. So Why this file seems to be necessary to have for connection? And I haven't modified any connection setting, modem driver, etc.

My modem is not in cause.

Yes but the Spyware is now removed, but windows doesn't work correctly. It's not the Bios (it is disabled), and the proof of this is that I now write theses words in Windows 98 and I'm connected to Internet, no problem with this OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back