Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP and network connexion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhenin

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
FR
Hi all,

Since I change my OS computer from Windows 2000 to XP PRO, I can't connect on my server (under Windows 2000).
By example, the following command "net use i: \\server\shared_dir"
give me the message (translation) "System error 67 happen. Network name can't be found".

I don't have any problem when I try the same command from the server to my worstation. The server can see my worstation, not the opposite (with netview by example) !

Is it a right or setup problem ?
Thanks for any help.
regards.

Is the server hosting a domain or active directory schema?
(ie you are logging into the domain or via a local system).
John

Check out this Knowledge Base article, Q265861, entitled Behavior Changes in Microsoft Network Services. The article start with:

"A NetBIOS server program may bind to and listen on the Microsoft network adapter LANA in addition to the Microsoft Server service. Under Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, you can configure a NetBIOS client to obtain access to an additional NetBIOS server program by using a net command such as net use * \\myserver\share (note that this command is usually used to obtain access to previous programs). However, when you use a net command on your Windows 2000-based computer, you may receive one or more of the following error messages:

The "net use" Command
System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back