Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XMLHTTP and Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaZZleD

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
US
Hello

I have created a script that does async postback to server and then simply uses an alert box to show results. It works both in IE and Mozilla when posting to a different page than the current one. In IE it works to send data to the current page and read response, but in Mozilla it seems to call the page multiple times... Using the sync version of XMLHTTP send, it works ok in Mozilla as well, but the async version does this, so i don't get any response (it seems as if it doesn't even wait for the result to come). This being an asp.net application, i tried debugging and it seems as if the readyState is set to 4 before the server part is done, and the immediately the page is called again (after the request is already marked as finished on client side).

Anyone has any idea what might cause this?

Thank you in advance.

--------------------------
"two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do" - the unknown sage

After trying a few more times, it seems that in Mozilla every XMLHTTP postback to the same page (both with sync and async calls) causes the entire page to reload. This explains why the page doesn't wait for the server execution to end.

Does anyone have any idea as to why Mozilla is doing that?

--------------------------
"two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do" - the unknown sage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back