Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML to MS Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdiVishnu

Systems Engineer
Jul 20, 2018
GB
Hi Members

I'm completely new to this forum and apologies if I'm posting in a wrong forum. I'm facing a problem with XML and Excel. I recently installed a software called Multi PuTTY Manager which is tabbed putty ssh session manager. In this software we can store the ssh sessions as a database (.dat). I'm a network engineer and I manage lot of switches in my company and this software helps me alot in managing my switches. Issue is I need to enter each and every switch IP address, name, location, region,etc into the database manually which is a real pain. Instead I created couple of entries and opened the database file in notepad and it turned out to be an XML file. Great... Then I started googling to export xml file to Excel so that I can just copy and paste the details from my actual excel detail sheet and export back to XML and import into the MPM software.
Problem is this xml file that was created bt the MPM doesn't have a schema. so i tried the xml to xsd converter and attached the schema to excel and tried to map the elements and then export to xml which is failing with some errors. I tried and tried an failed. I've attached the sample xml file and the schema file as well as the originnal .dat file. Can anyone help me with a solution please. Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Adi

MPM_Tree_ileqx7.jpg

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/raw/upload/v1532099349/tips/PuTTYDatabase_Schema_3_tclgeu.xsd[/url]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/raw/upload/v1532099422/tips/PuTTYDatabase_Master_zewuui.xml[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back