Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML to EDI (real world e-commerce)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxs

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2000
US
Anyone hear heard of packages that do the following:<br><br>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;Allow you to create a web form.<br>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;Create a back-end query in real time.<br>3.&nbsp;&nbsp;Display query results on the form.<br>4.&nbsp;&nbsp;On submit, create an EDI purchase order for example.<br><br>So far, I've heard of XMLS, DataJunction (XML/EDI parsers/translators), and CTD2000 as a forms development tool that web enables Windows based applications through XML, ODBC and OLE DB.&nbsp;&nbsp;

You should be able to do this using ASP (Active Server Pages).&nbsp;&nbsp;You can write it in JScript or VBScript.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you check out most of the online shopping places, you'll see a .asp in the address line of your browser followed by a bunch of information.&nbsp;&nbsp;ASP is a popular solution to many of the web challenges. <p>Steve<br><a href=mailto:tribesaddict@swbell.net>tribesaddict@swbell.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thanks SteveMier,<br><br>How well do these solutions integrate with Novell and Btrieve?&nbsp;&nbsp;Funny, when I put in search terms xml and&nbsp;&nbsp;edi, I don't seem to get sites talking VBScript.&nbsp;&nbsp;Mostly I hear of&nbsp;&nbsp;Java and Java Beans solutions. <br><br>Even Bill Gates is talking about the .NET initiative....watch out COM objects, current technology soon to be legacy stuff, here comes XML.&nbsp;&nbsp;(5 years?)<br><br>To tell you the truth, I never liked the concept of &quot;active server pages&quot; working with &quot;internet exploder&quot; if you know what I mean. :)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Want to deal with W3 standards if possible.<br><br>Found CTD2000 apparently supports both ASP and Java pages through the free SUN Java Virtual Machine.<br><br>Oh, and I found that there is at least one Cold Fusion (CFM) add-on that supports&nbsp;&nbsp;xml to edi translation that is platform neutral.<br><br>Looking for &quot;turn-key&quot; solutions with system integration. <br><br>Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back