Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML syntax, editing, formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stavae

Programmer
Sep 7, 2009
FI

Hi.

ok, I'm a new XML user. Just started last week, and been doing my best to learn as fast as I can.

Need some help here with editing/syntax.

(a) How can I make a text in quotes bold?

Example :

Display Class = 'Text'
blah, blah, etc........value = 'Michael Jackson'

Ok, so what if I want to display Michael Jackson in BOLD? How do I do it?

I already tried : value = '<b>Michael Jackson</b>'

But, of course, that was nonsense. It didnt work.

Any tips?

Please, note : before you respond, I should point out that I already know how to create bold text in XML, using the <b> and </b>. What I need to know is how to bolden text which is enclosed in quotation marks.

(b) I a, also working with creating "Lists" in XML.

Example :

Property name........blah, blah

Display Class = 'Select' blah blah blah

Property = allowedValues, blah, blah

<List>

<String>Michael<String>
<String>Jackson<String>

<List>

blah, blah, blah

Ok, this works fine......if you have only one dropdown list-menu.

But, what if you want to display two, or three, or even four such dropdown lists? In addition, on the same line? How is this done?

For example :

if I want to indicate DATE (day, month, year). I want to have three dropdown lists, all on the same line, with the values for DAY (No. 1 to 30), MONTH (Jan to Dec), and YEAR (say, 2009 to 2020)

How can I do this?

(c) Is there a way to indicate DATE data-field in XML? The only suitable data field (parameter) I found is TEXT. But, what if you want to input the date?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back