Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Post from/to interdev project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertounge

Programmer
Jan 9, 2002
CA
I am having a problem with visual interdev and xml. I create a page that does an XML post and receives a response that I display in an IFrame. Here is the problem. When I ask for the page that posts in the project I get the Page Cannot be Displayed message in the IFrame. If I open instance of IE and enter the path to the page it works fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem. My web server is running on SQL server 20000.

Here's a tip. If you want people to answer your posts you might consider replying to questions.

>> When I ask for the page that posts in the project I get
>> the Page Cannot be Displayed message in the IFrame.

What do you mean "ask for the page"? What is the difference between it and [blue]If I open instance of IE and enter the path to the page[/blue]

And what is an "XML Post"?

-pete

Gosh, which century are you in? Such problems should be resolved by 20000!

Anyway, VI during development will not call your XML-returning page. Hence the IFrame will be empty - even if you do the preview tab (3rd one).

I assume that you have an HTML or ASP page with some Javascript that creates an XMLDom object. This is used to call an XML/XSLT or ASP page - that returns an XML formatted reply, that you display in the IFrame.

Why would you want to see your IFrame in Interdev. Did you want to debug the JavaScript? If you are lucky then:
Start IE
Find your web page
In VI, Debug->Attach to the IE 'process'
may now be able to set breakpoints and step thru JavaScript.

Thanks for the replies. It is fairly obvious that my question was nowhere detailed enough to receive an adequate response. I have solved the problem though.

Pete - my problem was passing a bunch of data in hidden text boxes to an asp page and then loading that data into an XDS schema to send (I call it post) the data to a web site that will evaluate the validity of the data sent against stored schemas and if the data passes send the appropriate response. I have never done this before and was quite confused as to why my code would not run. In the end my code was correct but the server would not allow the request to be sent through the project. The problem was solved by placing the asp page that sent the data on the root directory of the web server. When the page was placed on the root directory it went out fine and we got the desired response.

As to not replying I do apologize but I was under a very tight deadline and was working 14+ hrs/day to try and get the job done. I will be more attentive in the future.

Merlin, I was beginning to think it would be 20000 before I got the project working but it is working fine now so, hey, I am really early with the solution. Time for a raise I should think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back