Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML parsing white space error with Bulk Insert

Status
Not open for further replies.

noonan59

Programmer
Oct 27, 2003
US
Hi - I'm working on an asp.net application that uses sql server 2000 as the back end. I have a situation in which I often have many thousands of rows to insert into sql. So in my application I am creating an XML document and am passing it into a stored procedure that performs a Bulk Insert. Sometimes I'm getting the following error:

XML parsing error: Required white space was missing.

It seems that I get this error on the larger files - 10,000+ records. When I run smaller files it works fine. It might be coincidence that it's happening with the larger files, but then again it might not.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this error is? I've researched, but have been unable to determine the problem so far.

Thanks...

Save your xml to file, then load it in internet explorer. This should help you locate the problem. Otherwise download XMLspy and use that to analyse your file.

VBrit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back