Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML parsing is to slow-How do I speed it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpigg

Programmer
May 4, 2005
US
I'm having trouble with the xml parsing. I have thousands of records that i'm pulling in to a datagrid and am having trouble with time. I need something that will pull large amounts of data into a datgrid without spending the time to do so. Any ideas of how I can speed up the xml parser or is their another way?

I had this problem before and the only way I could speed the process up was to reformat the XML doc that was being parsed. Instead of listing everything on its own node, I used attributes. The file size was cut in half and it took a lot less time to parse.

If you have data that you have format control over you can use attributes and combine info of the same attribute with delimiter :. If you don't have control over the data, you can use a server side language to resort the data before sending it to the swf.

Thanks
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back