Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xml parsing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

glamb

Programmer
Dec 29, 2009
US
I am getting an error message "Illegal xml character" and given the exact line and column to find it. However when I look in the xml I don't see anything unusual. What would cause this error message?

You'll get a better response to your question if you show the XML data and your existing query.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Accented characters, ampersands and double dashes (--) are often overlooked, but not allowed, xml content.

Use an editor like notepad++ or pspad and display non-printable characters. It might be some kind of "Line Separator" or "Unit Separator" character. Notepad++ will display these as inverted "LS" or "US".

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back