Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed - Goldmine Web Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

mharkin

Technical User
May 9, 2012
GB
Hi
I am trying to create a web import form and add it to my website which will automatically update fields in Goldmine.
I am getting the error message below:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: Line Number 3, Column 2:<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
-^

Can anyone help with this?
Any help at all would be very much appreciated!
Thanks
Mark

When Goldmine produces the two files,
1. Aspmail.asp
2. GoldMineWebImport.htm
I uploaded them to my website, when I view and complete the form and select submit it then gives me this error.
Do I have to change any of the code within the Aspmail.asp file i.e. password or anything?
Mark

Hi,
My apologies I had the wrong scripting language selected. I have changed the scripting language to php.

It half works now,

The 1st time I test it it works fine but from then on there seems to be an error:

I receive an email but when I click to open it it does not import the data but shows me the following :

<gmdata><Instructions><DupCheck>WS1</DupCheck><DupCheck>PHONE1</DupCheck><DupCheck>COMPANY</DupCheck><DupCheck>CONTACT</DupCheck><DupCheck>EA1</DupCheck><OnNewSendGMEmail>MHARKIN</OnNewSendGMEmail><OnDupSendGMEmail>MHARKIN</OnDupSendGMEmail><Password>toshiba01</Password><DupLogic>OR</DupLogic></Instructions><accounts><account><properties><property name="STATE" db_name="STATE"><property_string>Merseyside</property_string></property><property name="KEY5" db_name="KEY5"><property_string>003</property_string></property><property name="ADDRESS1" db_name="ADDRESS1"><property_string>100 test street</property_string></property><property name="ZIP" db_name="ZIP"><property_string>Ch41 107</property_string></property><property name="COMPANY" db_name="COMPANY"><property_string>test107 11</property_string></property><property name="CONTACT" db_name="CONTACT"><property_string>mark harkin</property_string></property><property name="COUNTRY" db_name="COUNTRY"><property_string>England</proper
ty_string></property></properties><phone_numbers><phone international="0" type="PHONE1" source_fld="PHONE1"><properties><property name="phone_number"><property_string>0151 555</property_string></property></properties></phone></phone_numbers><emails><email primary="1" id="EA1"><properties><property name="email_address"><property_string>test107@test1111.com</property_string></property></properties></email></emails><websites><website primary="1" id="WS1"><properties><property name="web_site"><property_string>
Do you have any idea why this may be?

Thanks
Mark

1st off, what version & build of GoldMine are you currently using?

Answer that, and then I will be prepared to supply you an answer. In the mean time read up on ini WebImports as opposed to the xml WebImport which you are using. [hammer]

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

I am using Goldmine Premium Edition Version 8.5.1.12 June 2009,

I choose to use xml rather than ini because that’s what is suggested in Goldmine for dummies book but I will take your advice and change it now and see if it helps.

I would very much appreciate it if you could supply me with an answer.

Thanks
Mark

Cha Ching! 8.5.1.12 had many, many issues among them the XML WebImport. You are strongly advised to immediately switch to INI WebImport, and to upgrade to 9.2.1.92. There have been maybe 40 upgrades since 8.5.1.12, and you are way behind the curve at this point. I expect that we will soon be beta testing the next release of GoldMine Premium which will put you even further behind.

DJ Hunt

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, I have changed to ini and its seems to be working fine now (for the mean time)
I am aware that the version i am using is quite old however I choice to upgrade is not made by me therefore unfortunately I can’t.
Thanks again for your help!
Mark

It's your call, but you have many issues in that build that can only be resolved by upgrading.

DJ Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back