Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Import Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

patch2112

Programmer
Mar 17, 2007
US
This is so very frustrating.

I inherited a site that I didn't build (php developer) which is in ASP and has some semmingly simple XML, which I don't yet know, in a CMS.

I did some work on this site and now the CMS editor will not load. I don't understand how the change I've made would have caused this, but no one else is working on the site and it was working before.

Anyway, the code is like...

<html XMLNS:ACE>
<?import namespace="ACE" implementation="ace.htc" />

...and the page never loads.

I've tried millions of things and nothing works, but I did come accross a clue that might help someone point me in the right direction.

If I remove the <?import /> line and load the page, then it's fine, just doesn't have the content in the editor. If I then paste the import line back in and refresh, then everything is fine. If I then leave the page and come back then it never loads again.

Please, oh please help. I'm willing to pay if that will help get this solved.
Philip

><?import namespace="ACE" implementation="ace.htc" />
Make sure it really does not mean this?
[tt]<?import namespace="ACE" implementation="ace.htc" [red]?[/red]>[/tt]

<html XMLNS:ACE>
And sure, just by the look of it, this cannot be right. XMLNS better lower case, and must assign some resource identifier to the prefix ACE. (ACE would be case-sensitive if other places refer to it.)
[tt]<html [blue]xmlns[/blue]:ACE[green]="some-resource-identifier"[/green]>[/tt]

I'm willing to pay if that will help get this solved.
It is inappropriate to solicit monetary recompense for any substantive help from this forum. Make sure it won't never happen again and this is strict. You can always make donation to the site instead if you feel you want to make a gesture. (But, I am not saying the help you get sofar deserve you doing so.)

One thing tsuji is saying, in fewer words, is that XML is case-sensitive. That's probably half your problem right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back