Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML: how to combine two different codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate385

Technical User
Jul 22, 2013
CH
Hi!

I'm a kind of beginner with XML. Recently, I've downloaded a software (a sort of calendar), which enables to organize my everyday life. And you can customize it. All the codes must be opened with XML. Therefore, I use a very simple tool: Notepad. But I've been trying to change a specific thing for a while, but no results yet.

So, what I'd like to reach is to see my daily task appear in a specific color and when it is done, this very task has to be stricken through by itself.

But the problem is that by default this software or system gives me only either the color for my daily task and when it's completed, impossible to strike through, or one basic color for my task (white), and when it's completed, it is automatically stricken through.

I have either this: 1) or this: 2)
That's why I'd like to find out how to combine it to choose one specific color for each category and simultaneously to have it crossed out when the task is completed. Here is what I'd like to have: And this, for the same category.

Here is the code for 1):

Code:
</category>
<category id="Holidays">
      <appearance target="2" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.normal" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" indent="-10" />
      <appearance target="4" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.normal" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" padding="10,0,0,0" />
      <appearance target="16" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.bold" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
      <appearance target="8" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.medium" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" padding="15,0,0,0" />
      <appearance target="1" layer="5" priority="2" element="bitmap.icon.small.holiday" align="TOP-LEFT" showalways="1" ignoredefault="1" />
      <appearance target="30" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.holiday" showalways="1" />
      <appearance target="32" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.holiday" showalways="1" />
      <appearance target="64" priority="1" element="bitmap.schedule.event.yellow" />

Here is the code for 2):

Code:
</category>
    <category id="Health">
      <appearance target="1" layer="5" priority="2" element="bitmap.icon.small.health" align="TOP-LEFT" showalways="1" ignoredefault="1" />
      <appearance target="30" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.health" showalways="1" />
      <appearance target="32" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.health" showalways="1" />

So, my question is: How to combine these two above codes in order to get on the one hand the color wanted for a specific category and on the other hand to have the task stricken through when it's completed.

Hope I'm at the right place to ask :). And if there is more information needed, just simply ask, because I'm not really sure if the above codes are enough.

Dear Nate385,

Welcome to Tek-Tips.

Nate385 said:
Hope I'm at the right place to ask :).

Sorry, but you have asked an application domain question. XML is merely the representation of the data, and you need to know what the data needs to be.

You gave no hint of the name of the application, nor was I able to determine the name of the application from your hosted images. You should search for how to configure the application. Perhaps the application has a web site where you can ask this type of question.

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software

Ok. The name of the application is Rainlendar2 (I didn't name it, because I was not sure if it is allowed or not: I don't want to promote anything). Yes and there is a tutorial for how to configure the application. I've been trying to work it out for days... Thus, I'm asking here now. Ok, I'll try to find out if there is something in place to get some help. I'd better do that. Thanks in any case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back