Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML from another server with aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

emms

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
GB
I'm having huge trouble with an aspx script. I'm really sorry if you've replied to anything like this before - please point me in the right direction.

I've written a form which sends information to a remote server, this then creates an xml file and sends me back the location as a form field.

there seems to be no way (that i can see!) to get the values from the xml into my page, either to add to a database or output to screen.

the layout of the file is something like:

<result>
<resultdetail>
<name>Emma</name>
<etc></etc>
</resultdetail>
<resultdetail>
<mostly the same but some different></>
</resultdetail>
<importantstuff>
<head></head>
<body></body>
<head></head>
<body></body>
</importantinfo>
</result>

I'm guessing I need to write something to specify how the results come back... I really need help with this one!

thanks

Emma

... guess that means no-one knows!

does anyone know of any articles that could help me at all?

thanks

Em

emms,

I had the same issue and i solved it by doing an XSL stylesheet that sucks in the data from the XML file and puts it to the screen in a table.
-Bueller

Em if this file is created on the remote server then you'll need someway to get it to the server that requested the data. From there you'll need to read in the data and then either display or save it.

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back