Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xml file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2002
US
Does anyone know what an xml file is, i createed a new user and when i logged on to that user i get a message thats stated teh file cannot be loaded. also i am running windows xp

so then why is it comming up witht hat error. it either says
cannot load xml soemthing....or cannot load xml file. soemthign along them lines...and its only under the new account
wich is limmited

Hi, Shadow.

Sorry, I don't know. What is the name of the file? What folder?

Lots of apps use xml files (eg Windows Media Player, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office). Hwvr if it is happening at login time for the new user ID it must be something required at init time for that ID.

Sorry I'm not running XP personally, mostly just lurk here because I have to support some custs who are running it and so I am trying to get a handle on the considerable number of problems this latest boondoggle seems to bring with it.
However I have set up lots of XP users and never had any such problem.

Brgds
Jock

thanks, this is the first time i ever encounted this problem adn i htink it has to do with pcanywhere
when i figure it out ill et you know!

I had some problems with XP and PCA. Turned out to be a version conflict. We "were" using PCA 10.0. Had to go out and blow MORE MONEY on 10.5 for the XP compatability.

Gotta love it....(yeah right)!

Hope this helps

i havent had any problems with pcanywehre 10.0 except for the login problemn with the awigna32.dll file.

i completely removed pcanywhere adn am trying to fix that message...i am trying to avoid a reinstall of windows xp but that looks like the route i am going to take

gots to love microsoft for its wodnerful products!!!!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back