Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel2228

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent XML editor? I have a very large project ahead of me and an editor would make my life a whole lot easier.

I have been working a bit with the Turbo XML package from TIBCO Extensibility, but does any one know how this works in creating XSL documents?

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Angel

Try xml spy from xmlSpy.com. You can get a free 1 month evaluation copy.

I strongly echo the recommendation of XMLSpy. By far the best. It does have the one annoying habit of trying to enforce XML validation rules on HTML, (as it is embedded in an XSL document, for instance), but it is much better overall than most of the others that I have tried.

Angel2228,

We recently did an analysis of XMLSpy, Turbo XML, XML Notepad and XML Authority for the needs of one of our clients. We determined that for their needs XMLSpy was hte most user friendly editor. They are using it for XML, schema, and XSL development. The next best was XML Authority.

Add another vote for XML Spy. "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee - The Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Anyone know of any product that can validate an XML file against an XSD file via an API call from Java code?

varocho -

It might be better if you search for "java dom", as what you need is a java-friendly XML parser.

Chip H.

Chip,

Thanks for responding, but I'm having trouble getting some code that uses some APIs for Java to work. Sometimes using an IDE (like Visual Cafe) just gets in the way of getting things done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back