Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xmas Gift Recommendation: Verbatim PhotoSaveDVD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahnula

Technical User
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hi folks,

Invariably it happens: a relative calls, describes symptoms that sound like a HDD crash, and panic ensues..."All my pictures were on that computer!!!"...and you proceed to spend hours or days on data recovery, since of course there were no backups...[sad]

Finally, an easy way to avoid this scene, and for your Mom, Aunt, Grampa etc. to back up & save all those photos that are on their PCs...or, in the case of my sister-in-law, still on the memory stick that came with the camera three years ago! It's called Verbatim PhotoSaveDVD and it's a bundle of DVDs with built-in auto-launch photo-copying software.

I'm not kidding...these are support-and-idiot-proof. Pop in the DVD, it automatically launches a program that seeks out the photos on the PC, camera, or memory stick and automatically burns them to a DVD. It also spans DVDs...mine took up 3 discs (had to test it, you know [reindeer]). One drawback is they also copy other useless JPEGs like wallpapers etc., but better to have too many pics than to miss that important one.

Best part, the 5-DVD pack costs $9...everyone on my list is getting one! [xmastree] [santa3]

Tony

Users helping Users...

Excellent idea! Everyone needs this product. I know I will recommend it to customers and family alike. Thanks Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back