Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XL: Charting implicit values? Tough! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBAjedi

Programmer
Dec 12, 2002
KH
I have a list of contract numbers in column A, with their start and end dates in columns B and C. Example:

123 1/23/03 3/03/03
225 1/29/03 5/17/03
413 1/12/03 7/01/03
etc. . .

I'd like to create an area chart that shows how many contracts are active from week to week. Any ideas?

Thanks!

VBAjedi [swords]

Use the wizard to chart ALL the date.

Use AutoFilter to select the data you want to see on your chart.

VOLA! :) Skip,
Skip@theofficeexperts.com

Sorry, I answered too soon. You have a much more complex problem here -- I am working on it! Skip,

Skip,

ComplexProblems-R-Us, at your service!

;)

I am frankly a bit surprised that Excel doesn't make this easier - it would be a very useful function to be able to chart items with an associated date range in that way.

VBAjedi [swords]

I have an example for you. Send me your eMail address and I'll shoot it your way :) Skip,

I NEED TO GIVE CREDIT TO DALE WATSON FOR HIS HELP WITH DCOUNTA.

THANKS DALE! :) Skip,

Skip,

That would be much appreciated! You can email me that sample file at ldeese@obie.com

Thanks for your help.

VBAjedi [swords]

Well tweaky,
It is in a workbook with several formulas and a chart, so its kinda hard to explain all that in a text browser. :-( Skip,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back