Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xircom connecting to a Cisco Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvanslycke

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
US
I have been having trouble connecting xircom realport 56k modems to our Cisco 3640 router. They dial up, you can hear them negotiate and occasionally they connect, however 90% of the time you get an error back that the other side is not answering. <br><br>I have updated the xircom drivers, upgraded firmware, and changed several settings to no consistant results. The only setting that gives constant connection is turning off error control on the xircom then you can connect but only at 28.8. I can connect consistantly and at high speeds with other modems in workstations and laptops. <br><br>Does anyone have any suggestions?? I personally think my problem is with the zircom settings in our Laptops but I don't know what else to change.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back