Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XI - What license do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayshah

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
US
I am very confused with licenses.

We are planning to develop crystal report in XI developer. We don't need security, scheduling etc. because we use our application security.

We want to copy .rpt file on our IIS server with windows 2003.

Our internal end user goes on our intranet and executes the asp page which calls corresponding .rpt file through the following code in asp page.

Set session("oRpt") = session("oApp").OpenReport(basePath & "Final_Net_Revenue_Corporate.rpt", 1)

Do I need any additonal server license other than XI developer to excute an already developed report on server? If yes, then what kind of license do we need to achieve this.

We have 200 employees accessing our web application on our intranet and have maximum 20 to 25 concurrent users.

Thanks in advance.

As stated to an earlier question by another user...BOBJ changes their sales models, pricing and packages soooooo much that you would be better to call someone directly in the BOBJ Technical Pre-Sales Department.

All the advice you will get here is "to the best of our knowledge"...but that is very much subject to change since BOBJ bought Crystal.

Crystal Reports XI Licensing

"Licensing for internal corporate deployments
Crystal Reports XI now includes free runtime licensing that allows for unlimited internal corporate deployment of the Java, .NET, and COM reporting components. This means you can build, deploy, and scale these components across multiple servers or processors without additional licensing fees."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back