Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XI SP2 Security Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

clindberg62

Programmer
Jun 6, 2002
US
Hi Everyone,

We have 2 installs of XI on two different servers. OLD_SERVER (SP1) has a really odd security and folder structure, which is giving us fits. Therefore, we are migrating to NEW_SERVER (SP2), which has a security and folder structure that we are more comfortable with. The problem is that I have a consultant doing most of the work, and I need to double check that the rights have been assigned to all the objects and folders properly. Is there some sort of report I can write from the database or within Auditor that will help me check this without having to go into every object in CMC? The one universe I've found with Auditor is singularly unhelpful!

Thanks,

CLindberg

If you're a programmer or you have one available, there is a way to gather the data using the SDK. Are you doing your security at the folder or report level? By groups or by specific users?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I am a programmer, but I'm not familiar with the SDK. Our security is by groups at a report level, so it is pretty granular. Where would I find documentation on the SDK?

Go to and select the version that you're using.

If you're working in .NET, you can use the CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Desktop.User Assembly to get which groups a specific user is assigned to.

Some of this you have to go at sort of backwards....For example, you can't get a list of which reports a use has access to, but you can get a list of which users have access to a specific report.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back