Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XI 3.0 Cache Server Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilfy

Oct 31, 2003
US
I have BO XI 3.0 installed on Windows Server 2003 in our Dev and QA environments. Over the last couple of days we have been receiving the following message in InfoView on a regular basis when trying to open an instance or set the parameters to schedule a report:

There is no server available to process your request. Please try again later, or contact your system administrator if the problem persists. (RCIRAS0387)

When I check the event log, this message also appears and it's related to the Crystal Cache Server. Sometimes stopping an restarting the Crystal Cache Server solves the problem. Sometimes I have to stop and restart the Server Intelligence Agent. Sometimes I have to reboot.

Has any one else seen this?

We're supposed to go live into Production with XI 3.0 on 8/9, but there's no way that's going to happen if I can't get a resolution for this.

I'm stuck in support *(& - I haven't gotten any acknowledgement of the Customer Message that I sent last week on another issue; I've been on hold on the phone for the last hour, after waitin a half hour and then being hung up on without ever speaking to anyone, and I haven't been able to find anything about this error. I'm getting pretty frustrated with SAP support at this point.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I was finally able to contact someone in support. We did a Webex so that she could access my computer and see the problem. We're using server groups because we have a distributed system (CMS cluster in Atlanta and a report processing server in CA in production, the Atlanta server group is set up in dev and qa so that it's similar to prod) and she determined that the settings weren't correct on some of the reports and that was what was causing the problem.

In XI R2 reports have two server group settings and in XI 3.0 they have three. I don't want to have to manually edit over 1100 reports to update the server information on them, so I did a little more searching. It turned out that I didn't have all three of the Crystal servers (Cache, Job, Processing) in the server group, I just had the Cache and Job servers. When I added the Processing server, it all started working.

Note: When you upgrade to XI 3.0, not only do you have to have a new database (or a new ID to own the tables in an existing database) but several things don't come over in the upgrade. One of the things that doesn't is the server groups. So if you're using them you need to manually set them up prior to importing your reports.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

We are waiting on 3.1 as we need .Net support - but this 3.0 info is really helpful.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back