Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xHarbour RYO index

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotEye

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
GB
Hi All,
I am having problems converting a Clipper/SIxCDX program to xHarbour.

I have downloaded the latest version and cannot get it to link when using some sx commands:
sx_IndexTag, sx_KeyAdd and sx_KeyDrop are the main ones I'm using. I have also tried sx_RYOKeyAdd still to no avail.

I have included the SDE61.LIB in xBuilder LIB section. Is there another Lib I need to include?

xLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_HB_FUN_SX_INDEXTAG referenced from (XXX.obj)'.

What am I doing wrong!
Kind regards

p.s. Will there be an dedicated xHarbour Forum one day?

I've found the partial fix... reindex.

This creates the idx files as cdx files which is technically wrong but it's now working again.

But the Roll Your Own is not included yet, still getting
xLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_HB_FUN_SX_INDEXTAG referenced from (XXX.obj)'.

Only lib files that contain sx_indextag are SDE61.LIB and SIX.LIB, both are included in the lib files.

I can continue testing without this RYO but I will need it later, but I want to switch to SQL Server anyway.

Kind regards

These lib files have to be xHarbour specific, or they need a shim to communicate between the xBase language of xHarbour and the C or C++ nature of those lib files.
If SDE61.LIB and/or SIX.LIB are meant for Clipper, then be sure to remove that from the xHarbour link list, it's not going to be compatible.
OTOH, I'm not sure these RYO indexes are directly supported in the way you use them. I've used plain scoped indexes like RYO indexes even in my Clipper days, and that stil holds up with the current state of xHarbour...

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back