Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xHarbour - How To Get Started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHankinsJr

Programmer
May 18, 2002
US
I have been an active Clipper & Xbase++ developer for some time and have found myself with a little time on my hands during the holidays.

I want to play around with xHarbour a little to try out converting some 16bit clipper code to check the speed.

I have seen several posts on the forum about a document on the xHarbour site that walks you thru these steps ( Mentioned primarily by TonHu historically ). I can not find such a document on their site now.

Does anyone have a link to this or can help me thru the process?

Thanks,

Richard L. Hankins Jr.
Senior Programmer
Auction Services, Inc.

Hm, I don't recall exactly that, except the fact I have referred several times to xHarbour.org for a free xBase compiler ;-)

The needed xH downloads are available from the Binaries link: and the needed tools from Required tools:
With the required tools, there's a description of how to configure the BCC (free) compiler, the other compilers it's either not needed to configure or 'utterly basic knowledge', that I don't have :-( but you may have :)

There's a batchfile available (Windows assumed) to get stuff going, but it's not so very trivial if you don't know what you are doing...

I've been lurking around at this newsgroup, and you are welcome to ask any questions there as well, but be prepared to get your hands a little dirty...

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back