Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xharbour - How to connect to Mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hucf

Programmer
Dec 13, 2007
BR
Hi all , I´ve converted a clipper system to Xharbour and it´s working better than before but still have troubles with NTX index files corruption.
To solve this I´m trying migrate database to Mysql using Xharbour_contrib_0.99.07\Mysql.
Even following "README.TXT" of Xharbour_contrib I still got error after running MAKE_B32 :

MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
..\..\bin\b32\harbour.exe mysqlrdd.prg -q0 -w -es2 -gc0 -n -i..\..
\include -o..\..\obj\b32\mysqlrdd.c

** error 1 ** deleting ..\..\obj\b32\mysqlrdd.c

Can anybody help me ?

Hu

Had the same trouble connecting to a recent version of MySQL from that contribution to xHarbour :-(

I'd suggest to use the OTC Mediator product, which is free for MySQL/xHarbour use for up to 100 connections. It's available from after a free registration you can download the needed server and client parts. It's implemented by using a RDD, and quite easy to use. Doc/Helpfiles included. (I have no relation to OTC, just happy to have this server is freely available).

HTH
TonHu

Hi TonHu , in fact I´ve tested connection through Mediator and also Xharbour Builder demo version. Both are great but you know as I heard about Xharbour native connection I have to try it only didn´t know it was so tricky.
Anyway I will try a little bit more and if there is something new I´ll let you know.

Thanks for you help
Hu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back