Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xHarbour and OKI colour network printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2002
CA
I use the default OKILPR utility to print under Windows on an XP system.

xHarbour finds the printer but generates an error message on the printers LED panel.

The same test program prints to another laser connected thru LPT1 without any problem.

I see issues with a USB printer. Maybe I'll share the network printer and see what happens.

Any ideas?

Not really sure what you are trying to do, but I've set up Word Perfect 5.1(DOS Edition) on XP Machines. To get the printer to work I had to go to the cmd prompt and type in the following:

net use lpt2 \\pserver\laser1 /persistent:yes

If that will work for you, remember that you have to go into the program that you are using and set the printer to the correct port.

I've used this on a USB Printer also and it works.

Rob
Just my $.02.

Is the OKILPR utility compatible with the (codes of) the OKI colour printer? probably not, or it's not configured correctly for the correct set of printercodes.

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back