Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XFRX w/ VFP9 (or VFP7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisonpro

Programmer
Oct 11, 2010
US
I've been working with XFRX for several days now - I have the commercial package (not source code). I have read and re-read all the documentation, all the info I can find on the web, etc. I have gone through every suggestion slowly and methodically but I'm missing "something" and I'm sure it's something simple and obvious but I cannot find it.

With both VFP9 and VFP7 (using both methods outlined in the docs), I can't get past this error:
Error Number: 1733
Class definition UTILITYREPORTLISTENER is not found.
Program File: XFRX

I'm new to XFRX. The Demo.SCX runs fine on my machine but I can't get it past this error when I put it into my code.

I'll take any and all suggestions and follow them diligently.
Thanks!

You need to SET PATH to HOME() + "FFC" (and include _ReportListener.VCX from that folder in your project) because XFRX uses a subclass of UtilityReportListener in _ReportListener.VCX.

Doug

Thanks Doug! Yep, I have done that and checked and re-checked to make sure but, I'm going to do that again.

Davison,

I don't have XFRX and can't tst, but you may try with the newest XSOURCE package. IIRC, it has FFC classes included and IIRC again, there was a fix in at least one of the reportlistener classes.

If that is the reason, it can only be a VFP9 issue, as VFP7 does not have any reportlisteners.

Bye, Olaf.

Thank you all for your help. I still don't have this working but I've had to set this aside for a few weeks.

I MUST get this package working so, I'll be trying all your suggestions carefully and let you know if I have success.

I know lots of people use this package with ease and to great success so, it's definitely a deficiency of some kind on my part.

davisonpro (Programmer)

Without the source and what not, you CANNOT integrate xfrx with an app.

If you do not have the source, the best you can do is use a pdf printer.

Sorry

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sorry I completely misunderstood you about the source code!

You don't have xfrx source, not a lack of source for your app!

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

When I first started working with XFRX, what I found most useful was to write a very simple example and make that work, then try to integrate into an app.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back